Monday, March 16, 2009

Video Sentence and Reading

Ok, the clip below is my video sentence. As for the reading, I read 11, 12, and 13. I found Griffin's table very helpful. Also, I thought the collaborative discussion somewhat helpful, but only somewhat because I had already recognized the extensive benefits of collabortive learning in the classroom. I already knew that those benefits would easily carry over to multi modality composition. Chapter 12 has many practical tips for use and need of technologies utilized for a new media course. Of course our CLIC center will advance TAMU's multimodal capabilities enormously. Chapter 13 stresses the need for the continous availability of technology during class hours as well as outside of the classroom. Also, this last chapter stresses the need for students to learn new modalities in order to be prepared for today's workforce.

Dr. Carter,

Just a note to let you know I wasn't in class last thursday. It was one of those really bad arthritis days (I hate the extreme weather shifts of the spring). I had to resort to my rarely used narcotic prescriptions to get through the day. I really didn't want to drive while taking strong medication. However, I did do the video sentence, I just labeled it wrong!

1 comment:

  1. I certainly do hope the CLiC space will help move us forward in this direction. That's the plan! So true about the need for continuos availability and support when working with new media.

    Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well last week. Hope you are doing better. Good plan not to drive high. We want you to make it in one piece.

    ReplyDelete