Thursday, July 23, 2009

Course Project

I will create a Sophie Book for Dr. Burns Digital Dreams course. He does things a bit differently, but the course is very informative. Each student must call Dr. Burns once a week. Yesterday, we spoke for an hour! It was a great conversation. I learned so much having one on one time with Dr. Burns.

If you don't know what a sophie book (big possibilities here!) is here is a link: http://www.sophieproject.org/

I can see so many possibilities with this. I've thought for a very long time that if students didn't have to buy a text, they could spend that money on technology.

The TES text is proof that online texts are begining to fit into the tenure process so I think that takes care of that aspect of the issue! I'm sure there are other issues that aren't even on my radar. Let me know what you think.

Once I get my Sophie book up I will link it here. Also, there is another link to an inner section of Sophie somewhere in the Technological Ecologies & Sustainability text (great text by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment